New Orleans is so fortunate to have complete streets and safe roadways.
In their major cities, you see streets lined with planter boxes, a sidewalk, and a permeable parking surface. There are also designated areas for bike rides.
You will feel a sense of community with safe travel for everyone—pedestrians, bikers, drivers, and users of mass transportation.
Also, roads can be more attractive with the help of concrete sidewalk contractors who can create attractively inviting, landscaped sidewalks.
These sidewalks will enrich the community and the Complete Streets design concept which aims to make New Orleans streets accessible, safe, and friendly travel boulevards for all.
Any concrete sidewalk is an important image of the community or the company to which it belongs. They should be safe and attractive because it is a part of the overall landscape of the property.
If they fall into disrepair, it impacts the image of the community and the curb appeal of your property.
Since concrete is prone to cracking or having uneven surfaces over time, you should have your concrete sidewalk repaired by Big Easy Concrete.
We use high-quality concrete materials with quality productivity management that will preserve your concrete sidewalk for years to come.
Quality concrete sidewalk installation is tested through their long service life, which is expected to be 20 to 40 years, according to the National Research Council of Canada’s Institute for Research in Construction (NRC-IRC).
We perform only high-quality concrete walkways construction that will ensure your sidewalk longevity.
The quality of the materials we use and the design and strict construction practices that our team of sidewalk contractors adheres to assure a concrete sidewalk that will not fail you for years.
Here is how our reputable concrete sidewalk contractors do the job:
1. Uniform compaction and proper preparation of the subgrade under the sidewalk to prevent differential settlement of the concrete sidewalk and chances of crack development.
2. Placing of a granular subbase layer between the compacted subgrade and the concrete slab to provide more uniform support and bridge minor subgrade defects that can result from shrinkage of underlying subgrade soil due to moisture depletion.
3. Protecting newly poured concrete sidewalk from freezing when installed in cold temperatures.
4. Wet curing or application of a liquid membrane-forming curing compound when the concrete sidewalk is installed in warm temperatures. Strict curing immediately after finishing.
5. Use of control joints into the slab to minimize cracking.
These joints can be incorporated into stamped or stencil patterns to make them look more attractive. We have a great team of decorative concrete service contractors who specialize in this aspect.
6. Maintaining a distance of two sidewalk widths between nearby trees and sidewalk edges to prevent uplift of slabs.
7. Sealing to apply a layer of protection that will prolong the life of your concrete sidewalk and enhance its beauty, making it easier to clean and maintain.
We use concrete sidewalk sealers that have UV resistance and breathability. We can also add slip-resistant additives to improve traction and safety, especially during rainy and winter months.
Sidewalks come in close to floors and concrete driveways in the amount of traffic they receive, especially the ones in the central business districts in New Orleans.
Think about Frenchmen Street, Bourbon Street, Magazine Street, St.Charles Avenue, Streetcar line, Oak Street, and so many more!
These streets have attracted visitors and locals alike to discover the picturesque charm of entertainment, food, grit, and glory.
Apart from all the foot traffic that a concrete sidewalk in New Orleans would experience, they also suffer in extreme weather conditions.
Concrete sidewalks are often treated with deicing salts during winter and all the wear and tear of chemical abuse can impact the appearance of your concrete sidewalk.
The common damages would include:
Our team of trained and expert concrete sidewalk contractors can restore and upgrade the appearance of your concrete sidewalk so you don’t have to replace the whole thing.
This is what we do:
1. Resurface with a cement-based overlay or microtopping. It is a cost-effective option where we can even add a decorative touch while being able to cover up minor flaws and discoloration.
2. After applying the overlay, we can stamp, stain, stencil, or engrave on the surface to add color and design such as the simulated look of brick, stone, tile, or slate.
3. Thorough cleaning and application of crack sealing to prevent the deterioration of your sidewalk’s subbase pavement from infiltration of water and debris. We seal crack as early as possible to prevent bigger ones that will result in more costly repairs.
But not all cracks are entirely the same and repairable with crack sealing. Our experts assess and evaluate the depth of concrete sidewalk cracks to determine the best way to deal with them.
As a professional concrete sidewalk contractor, we adhere to the maintenance measures recommended by the U.S. Department of Transportation categorized into three maintenance repair methods:
1. Temporary Maintenance Measures. This includes wedging or patching a sidewalk with asphalt or a quick-mix cement.
2. Short-term Maintenance Measures. This includes patching, wedging, grinding and horizontal cutting, mud-jacking, and overlays.
3. Long-term Maintenance Measures. The universally accepted long-term maintenance technique is concrete sidewalk replacement.
Routine, corrective, and preventive maintenance are all part of our concrete sidewalk maintenance services. We offer all of these maintenance responses for the treatment and preservation of any type of concrete sidewalk around New Orleans.
We have installed numerous concrete surfaces around New Orleans in residential, commercial, and industrial properties.
Our team has experience and training in concrete sidewalk repairs, installation, and maintenance.
We give a thorough assessment and an honest quote that is within-budget completion that will guarantee your satisfaction.
Big Easy Concrete is a trusted concrete sidewalk contractor in New Orleans that offers quality workmanship that will minimize or zero-down your liabilities with a concrete sidewalk.
With our crew of trained and fully-licensed experts, you won’t have to rework and rebuild your concrete sidewalk in a few years’ time.
We are dedicated to making our concrete sidewalks more accessible, more durable, and more appealing.
“Most professional concrete work I have ever experienced. The contractors were honest and timely with clean up. The job was performed efficiently and as contracted. I would highly recommend this company!”– Katie Dyer
“Big Easy Concrete did an amazing job! I needed repairs and concrete work done on my new driveway, and they were on time. Reasonable price and everything looks great. Will definitely recommend this company to my neighbors and friends.”– Darnell Mason
“For any concrete and construction needs, don’t hesitate to call Big Easy Concrete. I had them for a concrete concrete service for our garage, and I am pleased with the result. Their team is reliable, organized and very pleasant to deal with. Thanks for the great job!”– Antonio Anderson